You need to do what feels right for you – that’s how I managed this illness with him. I had to live with myself after, knowing that I did okay – maybe not great, but I did okay. There’s grief attached to letting yourself down.
Some of the key points covered in this module include:
- How you will know that death has occurred and some suggestions for preparing yourself
- When other family members are not able to be present at the time of death
- Suggestions to help in the first few hours after death has occurred
- General details about obtaining a death certificate
- Basic information about funerals and the services offered by funeral homes
- Basic information and resources about grief and bereavement