Caregiver Series - Module 3
I’ve been there
Andrea reflects about the challenges and benefits of providing care for her mom (3:22)Video transcript
If I had my time back, I would have spent more time preparing myself – mentally, emotionally – and I would have asked for more help. I would done some things differently.
Caregiving can be a very rewarding experience for both a caregiver and the person you are caring for. It can also be challenging and exhausting as you take on a new role and as the person’s care needs change. As you take this on, it is important that you understand what is involved in providing care in the home and that you ensure that both you and the person you are caring for are comfortable.
This module provides the following:
- Ideas to help with organization
- Information on who may be a part of the healthcare team
- Resources that may be available to help you
- Information on how to improve the safety and comfort of the home for you and the person receiving care
- Information on how to stay involved in caregiving from a distance